Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, September 23, 2012

A quiet weekend


I want to remember this weekend because it will be a while until something like this happens again. 

Several weeks ago, Corie and Nolan took the kids for two nights.  
There is nothing quiet as nice as
-  sleeping in my own bed, 
- knowing I wont get woken up. 
- knowing I can sleep in as long as I want
- eating when I want and sitting down
- staying up late and watching a really loud movie on our Bose system 
(and knowing it wont wake up the kids)
- doing whatever I want when I want....

AHHHH!!!

Darren and I went out to eat twice- both at Mexican restaurants- 
Why???
because I dont eat out much and Mexican is always my first and second choice!

We biked in City up to the top of the mnt so w could see over into Big Cottonwood. 
Wow! 14 weeks pregnant and I made it. I sure was tired. 
I had to stop and take this great picture.  
It was so beautiful and the leaves were starting to change colors

I turned off my phone for most of the weekend. But I did make one call to Angela.  
She was leaving on an adventure... one I would have loved to join her on. 
Nepal for one month. Climbing mountains, sleeping in tents, wandering around to little villages. 

The kids on the other hand -- they didn't miss us. 
They had a blast. 
Ella's comment was - We're having a party!

It was a nice weekend.  Thank you Nolan and Corie!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

this is a nice post :)