Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Toby Balls

On Sunday December 11th, 2011 Toby got to go back up to Heaven.  
We had taken him to the vet 13 days prior.  The vet told us he had Lymphoma. 
He had two large lymph nodes pushing on his throat.  He also had two large masses pushing on his lungs.  This made it hard to eat and hard to breath.  
He started on pain pills and was able to eat dog food for a few more days.  
But after a few days we had to cook his food for him.  

These are some fun time we will remember with our Toby dog.  
Swimming in Logan
His cute little face
When he was younger he loved to chase his tail .
At one time he was a little tiny puppy.  That was 11 year ago. 
We took these two days before he died.  He was having a hard time breathing. 
 We love you Toby. 

 My sister in law sent us a beautiful book called Dog Heaven.  The kids keep asking to read it over and over.  It is about all dogs going to heaven and being able to run and run and run and swim and get loved by little angel children.  We know these are the things Toby is loving about Heaven right now.

Darren and I wanted to know when the best time to put Toby to sleep would be.  On my birthday, Saturday night, we came home from the Neighborhood Christmas party and Toby couldn't walk any more.  He had been having trouble.  I slept with him in the kitchen.  Darren and I would have to carry him out several times in the night to let him pee.  Then in the morning we called my Dad who came over to be the kids.  The clinic we took him too was beautiful.  It was 7:30 in the morning, we were the only ones there.  It was quite and peaceful.  It was the right time.

6 comments:

PamNoyes said...

I am glad he is at peace, I hope you can have some comfort. I wish I could give you a big hug!

J, K, L, and D said...

amy, i'm so sorry. i'm glad toby is out of pain, but i hope you guys feel peace & my thoughts are with you.

Emnacnud said...

so sorry,I know you all loved him very much.

Corie said...

Such great pictures and memories of Toby. The picture of him as a puppy is so telling of how long he has been in your life - you look so young and sweet in that photo. I have been thinking of Toby a lot this past week, too, and remembering the times we spent dog sitting him. Hope that you guys are doing okay with everything. (I'm glad the book has been enjoyed.)

The Crofts family said...

I'm so sorry to hear that Toby died! I know he will be missed very much. He was a wonderful dog!

Rachel said...

:) well written. you were good pet owners.