Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, December 5, 2011

Our Toby Dog

Darren and I have had Toby for almost 11 years.  I often joke that our honeymoon phase didn't exist because we got a puppy 6 weeks into our marriage.  Responsibility!

Toby has Lymphoma which is progressing very fast.  
He enjoys walking to school with us in the morning. But just in the last week he cant make it any more. 

The kids love him a lot.  

 I told Darren last night as we gave Toby some extra love... I hope in heaven Toby will tell us we were good owners.  I hope he has a good life.  but I could have always done more ...


5 comments:

J, K, L, and D said...

Amy, I'm so sorry. My big black lab had cancer too, and I was super sad when she died. You guys are in my prayers.

P.S. I can't believe you've been married that long!! :)

Corie said...

Amy, you guys have been incredible family for Toby, and I know he loves you all so much. My heart aches for you, and I hope that you have the comfort you need at this time, along with the kids. We love you, Toby!

Kate said...

So sad! We love Toby! He is such a sweet dog. He has had an amazing life with your family!

Whitney B. Balls said...

I still remember when Toby was a puppy and I saw you and Darren walking him around the block. Think of all the adventures he has been on with you guys! What a truly hard time you guys are going through. Our thoughts are with your family.
P.S I have hated Lymphoma for a long time! This just adds to it!

PamNoyes said...

Miss Amy I am sorry. You guys are great to him and I know he loves you! You are doing the right thing, and it is certainly ok to mourn such a huge part of your family. Big hugs(and lots of chocolate) to you all.