Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, November 5, 2011

A pretty near perfect day...



This wasn't part of our perfect day... 
but this was a moment to remember as long as I am posting right now. 

This was my cabbage patch baby ... I have had her since I was very little.  All of my sisters have one so mine says Noelle on the neck since I used to go by Noelle.  (maybe I could change it back like Laura I mean Renee did!) This baby has been sewed up and loved. And earlier this week Ella loved it some more.
May you rest in peace my cabbage patch baby.  She was buried today.  In a tall black garbage can.  

So on to today... We started with wonderful snow. We went to pick up our bountiful basket.  15$ for all that fruit and veggies... AWESOME!!!  They have bountiful baskets all over the US.  It is such a steal! Since it was snowing the pick up was INSIDE the fire station.  The kids loved it. We took our time walking around.

The kids (and me) think it is so exciting to see what comes every time.  The blackberries are long gone and the watermelon, kiwi and pears wont last long either!  Fennel though... still need to find out what to do with ... fennel....
We ordered some yummy french bread too. 
So logically we had to come home and make some wonderful french toast. 
 Darren had a CycleCross bike race in this weather. We opted to stay home.  It was wonderful.  He came home tired, cold and hungry.  But happy.  Snow and mud is fun to play in I guess.
 Ella watched a Tinkerbell movie (in her princess dress) while Tyler built his marble race course.  I didn't even have to help him.  He is great at reading directions and doing it.  He still has hours to go until it is finished.
Finally Darren came home, we shoveled, took Toby for a walk, and went out shopping.  Tyler needed new snow boots.  Funny how his last year ones don't fit him this year!  He is a size 3 now.  A 6 year old ... a size 3.  Maybe he will be a great basketball player. 

Then we stopped at The Pie Pizzeria and had a great free meal (thanks to the company we just refinanced with).  It took an hour to get our food so the Pie gave us a free dessert. :)

Ella was begging to go to bed which is great. and it is day light savings tomorrow so sleeping in an extra hour will be wonderful. 

Loved the day.  loved the day.  
Darren is going to sign up for an ironman race.  I told him something I heard my mom say as a kid...

While the cats away the mice play. 

You bet... we will play and relax every Saturday that he is gone training. 

 Tyler has been building a lot with Legos lately.  He follows instructions great but is starting to create his own things now.  Ella wants to be just like him so she made a little ... plane... or rather some lego blocks stuck together with a propellor sticking out... plane... and wanted me to take a picture of her too.

She loves her brother.  They sleep in the same room by their own choice and love it. They are great friends.  She calls him brother... Hey brother... brother can you help me... thanks brother....


3 comments:

Rachel said...

lovely day :) cool that you refinanced and that you get the fresh produce!

PamNoyes said...

Busy busy! Here is a recipe you may be able to use? I haven't tried it so I am relying on you for experimentation! (It's for juicing)

Spinach-Fennel-Cucumber
1 Fennel Bulb
1 Cucumber
3 Celery Stalks
3 cups Spinach

Calories: 170
Protein: 10 g
Fiber: 1 g

Clark Family said...

sometimes I have to read your blog to catch up on your life.... hmm you're my busy sister!