Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Darren's Big Race- Point 2 Point

It seems Darren and I take turns training. This was his big race of the year.

It is called Point to Point.
75 mile race.
9.5 hours of climbing up and down the hills from Round Valley to Deer Valley
to Park City, to The Canyons.
All total 14,000 feet of climbing in one day!

This is mile 30 at Deer Valley. The kids and rode the lift up to the top of Deer Valley to get these shots. He had to bike it!
Darren had 3 other friends riding it. It makes training fun and enjoyable when you have friends to go with. This is Travis Messenger.
This is mile 60 at Park City Resort. 7.5 hours into riding. The sun was out, but still cool.
Here he is at the end. Happy to get off the bike.

Michelle Hollingshead, Darren, and Mike McBride. They are soooooo DIRTY! (Michelle is crazy good. She took first in her division. That it one cool wife. I could never do that! I cant even keep up with Darren on a bike- she can! I was so proud of her!)

I wish this picture was clear. These are Michelle's legs. Caked on dirt.
This is the guy I love. minus the dirt of course.
We stayed at the Canyons resort for 3 nights with the kids. The race finished right outside our hotel window. They had a huge sand pit for kids to play in. The kids loved it more than the swimming pool!

These are the professional pictures of Darren. I wish they were bigger but this will do! It was beautiful riding. But way longer than I ever want to sit on a mnt bike.



3 comments:

Jenny Allen said...

Amazing! And a little insane. Go Dalls.

Corie said...

Go Darren! I loved all of the pictures with everyone covered in dirt. Looks like a nice weekend away with your family. I'm glad you guys had a nice time.

Rachel said...

wow. Darren is so intense.