Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, March 5, 2009

Ella update


She finally got me- I am typically pretty good at keeping up with her but today I was helping my friend Pam and Ella managed to pull every wipe out of the box. As soon as I said her name she looked up and wiggled away, knowing she was in trouble- but then again, she is so darn cute, trouble is all relative.

Also, Ella burned her hand pretty good. Thanks to Shannon who had a much worse experience with her son, she was helpful to calm me down. I was making cookies, Ella was fussing, I held her, I scooped the hot cookies off the tray to the cooling rack, she lunged down and grabbed the cookie sheet -

Right now it is just a red long burn mark all along her palm, red and blistered. But the initial screaming, and me not thinking till forever to give her tylenol... wow... it was a long hour and a half. I called Darren and told him I needed him home now. Thankfully it was just after 6 so it was time for him to come home anyway.

Screaming children really do unnerve me!

8 comments:

.::still blinking::. said...

me too. to much screaming for to long gets to me pretty quick.

Lindsay said...

I love that picture...very cute! Sorry about Ella's hand, I would be unnerved too... :)

k8theriver said...

poor ella.
fred scatters the wipes at least once a day.

Tina said...

She is so cute I'm sure it is hard to get very upset with her!!! I hope her hand gets better soon. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

PamNoyes said...

She has such a fun personality! I can't wait to watch her grow. I will try to not take so long to visit. Thanks for having us for so long!

amelia and crew said...

I always find it funny when I get home and Paul's been watching Franny and her wipe box is full of separate wipes. Interesting.

rowena said...

poor baby hand.. it is amazing they don't get hurt more often really... so how did the weekend go? oh sid does the wipe thing too. and food throwing and everything else. used to be so easy to keep things clean.. not anymore

Kristine said...

Oh poor Ella :( I'm glad she is ok. Screaming kids though, very hard!