Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our fun weekends

I need to take some pictures now that I have healthy kids and Darren and I are feeling pretty good too. But that is for this upcoming week..

This post will be about our weekends and spot light Tyler.  Ella will have to wait until I get some more pictures taken. 

Tyler got this jacket from his Aunt Nellie, He came down the stairs this morning and said, "I just looked in the mirror and I look pretty handsome!" (notice the collar up- His Dad helped him get dressed!)
This is Tyler getting ready for work with Dad, you can't see but the tie is bunched in his sweater and so his tummy is a big lump- It was cute

Ok, our weekends- My husband is the best!

Three weeks ago- We took a family walk/bike ride- Tyler biked a total of 4 miles - I pushed the stroller with Ella in it and Darren encouraged Tyler while on his bike too

Two weeks ago- I needed a break from sick sick kids- So Darren took Tyler up skiing- Tyler did great- and is almost ready to go on a lift, no more tow ropes!

This week- Darren and I skied on Saturday, WOW!  Heavy wet snow ( it was basically raining, kind of snowing) and lots of heavy wet powder all day.  That feeling of skiing in the back country, with no one around (we were in bounds, no avalanches, don't worry Dad) but powder and just floating down this incredible snow- That is such a wonderful high!

So next weekend we hope to take Tyler up skiing again, then the weekend after that Logan with the Grandparents, maybe some snowshoeing ... Then Hawaii for 8 days- 

I will keep you posted, add some photos, but really this post is supposed to make you want to go get out, it is so easy to stay inside, Get out, go play!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I agree! We always are out and about on our weekends off...I feel so thankful for a fun husband and fun kids to play with. :) We've had gorgeous 65-70 degree weather all month so our weekends have been packed!
I love hearing about your snowy weekends...That stuff is so fun too! I'm glad you guys are having such a good time...and HAWAII! You are so lucky! Can't wait to hear about it!

Tina said...

So true. I need to get out more for sure. Tyler sounds like such a fun guy. We will have to let the kids play next time we are out there. Have fun in Hawaii. I am so jealous!