Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Going to prison...


I share this  mostly for one reader who will laugh a lot, and her brother will probably laugh a lot more...

We got a Curious George book from the library- Here is the plot in a nut shell- 
George gets curious after watching the man in the yellow hat push buttons on the telephone so when the man leaves, George goes and pushes buttons too. Well, George accidentally calls the firestation- and they say hello, hello- but no one answers, they dont know it is George, they think it is a real fire. So they look at their map to see where the signal is coming from, and go to George's house- and I will quote -

"They open the door, NO FIRE! Only a naughty little money, Oh catch him, catch him they cried. A thin fire man caught one arm and a fat fireman caught the other.  You fooled the fire department they said, we will have to shut you up where you can't do any more harm.  They took him away and shut him in a prison"

This book was copyrighted in 1941- and I guess back then... if you called 911 you went to prison. I have tried to explain that you wont go to prison for that, and it is just what the author wrote. 

Tyler doesn't even ask to hold my phone anymore, and when he sees it, He says, I dont want to go to prison so I wont push your buttons.  
 
So tonight Tyler and I went on a walk to a friends house and just because I figured he would say something funny, I told him, that our friends brother just got out of prison today (this is true, he really did) and of course Tyler asks me a million questions- The first one being--- oh, did he call the fire station on the phone....

4 comments:

k8theriver said...

funny story. is october too cold for city of rocks? i want to go.

Kristine said...

That is classic! I wish Josh and Ian would leave my phone alone! Maybe we should go to the library and check out this prison book :)

Lindsay said...

Hey Amy!
Your blog is great, lots of fun stuff on here! I'm glad to catch up! This curious george story is hilarious.
So I actually was at the Bear Lake reunion (I read your comment on Amelia's blog ;) ) I'm in the big family picture in the shadow, so it's kind of hard to see me. :)
Glad to see you guys are doing well!
Love, Lindsay

Rachel said...

Tyler is the Best! what a funny guy :)