Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Thursday, February 28, 2019

February 2019


February was a busy ski month.  Lots and lots of great snow.  Tyler had an amazing ski team instructor.  Coach Ray is one of the best.  Tyler is in the center of the picture hiking up the mnt to ski some fresh powder.  Abby can ski about anything on the mountain and she is 5.  The youngest ski team member.  But because she has a blue coat she gets called a boy all the time.  So so pulled out a chunk of hair from her helmet and said she looks like a girl now.  It's what the fashionable girl skiers do.  (Not me... but my 5 year old daughter noticed and did it!) We had a good avalanche blast at Sundance.  Great up close safe experience for the kids to see what it is like!  Ella can ski with the best of them.  She's jumping a trip in the picture below. 



We had no school one day and went to the Children's Museum downtown.  The girls each brought a friend.  We stopped for ice cream at Dads work on the way home.  

Ella had another competition. I was so glad I could get off of work at Sundance to go see her.  It was such a fun day to see her.  Ella and I spent so much time together right now.  When we drive to tumbling practice we practice spelling.  In the morning we practice math.  After school we do more homework.  Its a lot of time, and patience.  But she is understanding things so much better.

Abby does lots of creative play.  She has so many "friends" that she takes care of.  She feeds them, reads them stories, and teaches them school.  




We made it through Valentines Day.  I am terrible at holidays.  The girls made cute boxes.  

Abby and I spend lots of time together still.  Next year is first grade so she will be gone all day and I think we will both love it.  I love her paper she wrote at school.  It says.  "lift, I am on a lift, I am going skiing with my friends."  She loves skiing!  She drew a picture of "the mother ship" bike with Daddy.  She loves to ride fast behind Darren.  Also we listen to book on the way to ski team and back.  The main character made a collage in the book, so Abby came home and made a collage about her also!



And I finally got a new phone.  Tyler can show me how to use it.  and take smoldering photos of himself in portrait mode! He's a pretty great kid!


No comments: