Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, May 29, 2017

Memorial Day weekend- Logan


Memorial Day weekend was pretty great.  Jenny took my kids for a quick sleepover.  I cleaned the house like crazy.  Its so nice to just get a project done without interruptions.  My kids are great helpers but listening to a good book and just working is great sometimes! So when Darren got home we hiked up Cherry Canyon behind our house and got up top to see a good view of the snow covered Lone Peak.  It was a beautiful view of the valley below.  We ran down to make it to the car before dark.






The next day Darren took Tyler to Sundance to ride the trails with his Outlaw Mnt bike team.  Darren got in some good riding too!


Then Saturday night we headed up to Logan to visit Pat and Seth.  They have a beautiful apple tree in their backyard.  A nest was so sitting there so cozy.  
Sunday night we drove up to Utah State and saw my old apartment.  Merrill 214 (we called it jokingly- the room of love because 2-14 is February 14th)

I took my kids inside to show them where I lived for 2 years.  Even the spot under the stairs were Darren and I had a good conversation about getting married.  (abby did push the emergency button below- they answer really quickly!). Old main was beautiful as we rolled down the hill.










 
Darren and Seth made us a yummy bbq dinner with delicious potatoes.  Creamies were pretty popular.  And after we put kids to bed Darren and I went for a walk up around the temple.  My legs were still pretty super duper sore from running down Cherry canyon so hills were pretty painful!




Monday we went for a hike (along with everyone else since it was Memorial Day) to the wind caves. I love that my kids are such good hikers.  Abby made it the whole way up and down.  Only loosing it when she tripped on the way down and cried and wailed for a while.  


 

Then a few days later we met all together at Corie and Nolan house for dinner and playing.  We missed Ranell and Jordan but what a treat to be all together.

No comments: