Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Friday, July 15, 2016

Bend Oregon



We had an awesome family vacation in Bend Oregon in July.  It makes me so happy to have my kids out biking with me… out doing anything really!  Darren took the two older kids out on some fun trails.  Abby and I bike/ran the trails.  She is just so eager to get big and ride with Tyler and Ella.  



We rented a place in Bend so we could be close to some great downtown areas.  When we rode far we just strapped Abby to our backs and away we went.  Our little blue rental was just right for us.  We had great food in the kitchen and grill.  We played games every day.  Darren and I would put kids to bed and walk down to the river.  We got to spend Darrens birthday there… not a bad place to be for his 39th!  He got a nice foot rub… how he talked them into that I dont know!





Tyler had a pretty good crash one day and between that and all the dry dust he was finished!  I got to go on a nice bike ride alone.  So quiet and peaceful.  I didn’t have to cheer on any kids which was nice!




Darren decided to do the High Cascade 100 Mnt bike race. So while he got biking stuff ready we ventured out on a fun trail by ourselves.  We found a few great play grounds.  Bend is fantastic.  We also floated down the river 2 times with tubes.  Relaxing and slow is the name of the game.  A few man made rapids at one point.  Delightful for the whole family.   










The driving wasn’t too bad… I love my kids!





Good hiking - Tumala Falls or riding. Very pretty. Can ride back into town

Kids rids: phil's and swampy lakes

Crater Rim Loop:  drive kids to top and ride around. 

drake park. Galveston.

Can play in the lake at spark lake

Go to Mckenzie bridge. 26 miles of single track   

Go tubbing in river. 

Park in Sisters. 

No comments: