Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, February 1, 2016

January is gone!

 (my backyard view)


 January was a rather long month.  Not in a bad way, just so busy and yet I am sure it will continue to get more busy as my kids get older.  We had the new year come in with some food and games at our house for new years.  We made our tree into a New Years Eve party tree.


And the next day we were on to working on the basement.  Darren is a finisher.  He gets going on a project and it consumes him until he finishes.  

We got some fun dress up costumes from cousins.  and had some fun phone visits with other cousins in Kentucky.  Corie and Nolan took our kids for 2 nights while Darren and I skied and worked on the basement.  Its a pretty sweet trade! We have been trying to ski once a week.  We took a Teya Snowder up and its amazing how fast she learned.  It was a whole lot easier teaching her then any 2 or 3 year old!  




 I am over the Webelos boys.  Tylers age.  Super fun.  I took the boys downtown to the Cathedral of the Madaline.  Besides seeing another church they listened to a beautiful organ concert.  Tyler keeps playing the organ.  I have started to be more serious about it too.  I have helped him play the prelude in church twice now.  Next week I told him I am playing all the way up the bishop standing up.  Which is hard because if he stands up to start the meeting in the middle of song, I have to skip down to the bottom and finish the song so he can start.  Lets see how it goes next week!


One cold weekend we had friends over.  The girls made me play dough fruit.  They also made a big fort.  Abby fell asleep in one day.  She still takes naps because she has been getting up at 6:00 AM when the kids get up and going to bed with them at 8:00 PM.



She thinks she is so big. She sat and "read" her scriptures the other day in the window.  We went to Airborne Trampoline place and she loved it.  But she thinks she's as big as the other kids.  She crashed the next day and didn't even make it to take the sacrament before she was fast asleep in my arms.  It was such a nice peaceful church meeting, holding my little sweetheart that is growing so big!



No comments: