Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Whistler for Dan's 40th

I dont usually do to many crazy and wild things but this one seemed a bit crazy and wild to me.  Our friend Dan turned 40.  He planned a trip to Whistler Canada and asked us all to come.  He didn't expect anyone but his wife to come.  Then our friend Rob found super cheap tickets to Seattle.  We found a babysitter for our kids. We booked a hotel room for 4 of us to go and then reserved a car and we were off.  

I flew in before Rob, Ang and Darren.  I got to hang out with my friend Angenette (Neti).  We had a lovely hot cocoa and some delicious food.   Then I drove to my sisters house in Seattle and got to go to my nephew Ely's  graduation from preschool.  We went for a bike ride when we got home.  And of course my sister Rach cooked an amazing meal for us.  




I slept for about 3 hours then headed to the airport for a 12:00 AM flight arrival.  We drove across the border into Canada and slept a few hours in Vancouver before heading to Whistler. It was a great group.  Dan and Katie LaRiviere, Rob Hyldahl, Ang Isaccs, and Darren and I.  (or Dalls as all his bike friends call him)  Riding down hill bikes with lots of suspension was great fun.  Lots of jumps and curves.  I thought I was invincible on my bike.  But Ang and I called it a day after one day.  Everyone else biked a second day but the two of us went on an amazing 13 mile hike.  






We started out with small ambitions. but it was so beautiful we just kept going and going until we got to the very top of the mnt.  The rivers and lakes, the forest and bridges.  It was all breathtaking.  





The boys and Katie enjoyed a second day of biking but we were all exhausted by the end.  We ate good food, sat in the hot tub and slept well.





11 or 12 years ago Darren and I went to the same waterfall as newly weds.  We just took a picture of us standing up at the top of the waterfall.  This time we found the crazy trail down to the base.  Maybe we look older and wiser now compared to May 2004.




We did a little rock climbing while there.  Darren opted out of the climbing and ran/hiked up the Chief in Squamish. I did it pregnant last time with him, it was a good steep hike with an incredible view at the top.  We made it home.  It was a great adventure.  A great 40th birthday party getaway for our friend.  Our kids missed us.  They had the flu while we were gone and we got it when we got home from them.  But thanks to Renee and Ben for taking care of them for us.  





No comments: