Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, August 31, 2015

August 2015


It was almost a relief to finish up August.  I was ready for a rest.  We were all ready for some structure that school provides.  We had some great things going on to wrap up our summer.  We had fun play dates with Fisher and Maddie Coleman.  We celebrated a fun birthday party at Renee's house for her daughter.

We played in our fun circle every day.  We are so lucky to have such fun neighbors. Their four wheelers, their trampoline, their fully stocked refrigerator outside filled with drinks and ice-cream all the time, their water slide, their music that Ella and Journey AND Abby love to dance too... we are really lucky.  I couldn't ask for a better place to live with such great neighbors.  We ate a lot of things from our garden this summer but we also had plenty from their garden.





I tried to get a few friends to go Mnt biking with me every week.  We had some fun times.  

I found myself on a ladder one day picking grapes at my friends house.  I asked the kids to hold the ladder so I could reach up high.  I had a good laugh when I looked down and wondered if 7 kids could really hold that ladder for me if I tipped over.  It was a valiant effort.  



Darren went to scout camp for a few days.  Always a good thing for him to do.  I attribute a lot of who he is now to his good scout leaders, which include his Dad.



Then the day finally came for school to start.  Tyler in 4 grade.  Ella in 2nd grade.  Abby setting off down the drive way on her own with the scoter because she wanted to go to school too.


We did have a few warm night left in the summer.  Darren grabbed the kids one night and had them go sleep out on the grass with him.  It was a beautiful full moon.  It made my heart happy to see them all. So I let them sleep and they finally came in around 2 AM.  

The kids got roller blades from Savers.  We got a great deal.  They have ridden around A LOT on those things.  Our fun neighbor Kami and her kids make it all the more fun!  Abby doesn't have blades yet but she has her fashion statements going all the time.  She refuses to wear certain clothes.  In the picture below she assured me her tights would keep warm and her Sophia underwear was just fine!

We did have one girls night at my house.  My girls all brought good food to munch on and we sat out on the back porch for hours talking and discussing life.  We have all had our own trials.  It is good to have friends who can rally when one of needs each other.



No comments: