Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, July 19, 2015

Uintas- Moon Lake

We had a super fun week in July.  We went camping with my good friends the Snowders.  (I like them so much I am still conspiring in how I could get one of my kids married to one of their kids so we an be related forever!!!)  Last year Sarah and I took the kids to St. George for two days so we could watch the Little Mermaid at Tuachan.  That was amazing.  So this year we decided camping.  4 days. 2 of those days on our own with the kids, and then husband came up for a few days.

We had a spot at Moon Lake in the Uintas.  We didn't fish like everyone else did, but we still had fun. We played in the water.  Had good food to eat.  Rode bikes and scooters all over.  Played lots of games.  Went for a hike.  Rented a boat to play around in. Rode horses.  ....If you want a fun trip go with the Snowders!



The Lake Fork Trail- Three miles. Super pretty.  We hiked to the opposite side of the lake of where we were staying.  Abby walked a little of it...






One of my favorite parts of the trip was Abby's friend Kyle.  Kyle is Sarahs second oldest and Abby sure loved him.   One morning Kyle was sleeping in so she had to go wake him up.  He would sit patiently with her while she "fixed" her bike.  They played silly games in the back of the truck.  She still talks about it.



I'm not opposed to showering at all when camping.  But there just weren't any facilities here.  So Sarah and cute teenager Cara washed each others hair and each others feet.  I just kept the greasy hair look and went with it!




The last day we splurged and let the kids go on a horse back ride.  Some didn't care if they went or now, so only some went.  But Ella and Abby loved it.  Abby was so brave.  I was the scared one.  I had to lead the horse around and get him to stop eating and follow the leader and not let Abby fall off!









Darren did head out on a bike ride.  He saw some beautiful scenery up there in the Uintas.


No comments: