Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Monday, June 8, 2015

Off to Mexico City for 18 months


My whole family came in town for 1 week.  We were only missing one husband who was finished his Masters degree in Washington.  So it was legit!  We were able to collect bikes for lots of little bodies and big bodies to do the mnt bike race up in Round Valley, Park City.  So fun ... well... it was for me anyway!  Some people didn't fall in love with it like I have.








One morning a bunch of fun cousins and Grandparents came to see Tyler and Ella preform at their school.  Tyler is in the back left with his arms crossed.  It was a cool rap kind of song.  Ella on the other hand had the classic... Im singing in the rain.  LOVED IT!




Allens brought their jet skis.  Uncle Ben is always playing with the kids.  He told me that they were having a race but they just kept coming in to the finish line as a tie.  .... Kind of funny I thought... I am not very witty so I dont come up with things like that.  But yes, they would be tie if the jet skis are in the garage! 

We stayed at the cabin for a few days.  Such good family times.  Games and playing.  Grandmas educational walks about Beavers.  Singing.  Talent shows.  Lots of good food.  Darren even got in a nice bike ride.  














One thing I love about my house is that I can feed everyone in it.  I love the space I have.  It was hot so the kids ate under the table.  I had to climb up on my landing and get a picture looking down on the happy feast in front of us!




Almost everyone came to my kids soccer games too... Yes I was feeling very loved!  We had lots of attention to all our activities for days!  Grandpa took us all out to Ritas after wards.  We filled the whole restaurant.  






One day Grandpa took us all to the Dinosaur museum.  Lots of fun exploring there.







We had a family dinner at Candace's.  We surprised my parents by singing Called to Serve in Spanish to them.  



We even had a birthday party for Ely.  5 years old!  We had all the cousins line up from oldest to youngest.  There are a few babies on the end and the oldest Seth who is 18... but it was fun to see them all together.  


Then Grandpa and Grandma got set apart to be missionaries.  We sang Called to serve for them, part of it in Spanish, and then said our good byes.  They left the next morning for the MTC in Provo ... and are now happy in Mexico city.  Modern Day Skype and FaceTime have allowed us to talk to them and see them.  Its so nice!






1 comment:

Rachel said...

yay! you took lots of pictures :) funny expression on t in front of the shark. lol.