Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Ella turns 6!

I grew up always having birthday breakfast cake on my birthday.  I look forward to it every year still. But my kids always choose something else.  Ella wanted oatmeal with fruit in it for her birthday breakfast! So we stuck a candle in a banana and called it good!

 Ella had a small little party.  (It grew and added a few kids at the last minute, but that was ok!) We had a treasure hunt.  At each clue they had to do something to get their next clue.  Like make it through the string maze.  Blow bubbles for Abby.  Walk the board without falling off.  Balance the ball all the way up the stairs.  It was raining outside so we had everything inside.  We also had pretty much the entire house packed up so it was a fine line of balance for this party!
A few simple treats, and some Cheetos makes any party a go!


I really didn't want to bake a cake for this party.  So I was delighted she chose a donut cake.  Even with all the packing and moving going on, I think she enjoyed her day.  Friends, food and presents.  You bet! She was happy!



Ella is an amazing helper.  I don't know what I would do without her.  I asked her the other day if I could steal some of her freckles.  Maybe put tape on her face and maybe her freckles would stick to the tape and then I could put them on me.  She looked at me with her cute smile, and said, sure mom. You can have some freckles!  


No comments: