Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Family Time

Refused is a harsh word, but I guess you could say I refused to commit myself to any extra curricular activities this fall.  I LOVED IT!  No soccer, no dance, no practices, no games.  Were we bored? Did we have enough to do? It was such a great Fall.  I got to spend quality time with my kids after school.  Piano, homework, jobs, helping around the house, late naps for Abby, reading books, and they actually had time to play!  In the spring we did soccer and we had two practices a week, two games a week, Darren had scouts, I had RS meetings and activities... on and on.  There was no time to enjoy life.  Tyler would say... We just don't have any time to play.  He just wanted to play legos once in a while.  So ... I refused to give my kids the opportunity to play and learn a team sport.

We did do a lot of bike races, cooked fun things together, play an occasional family game AND we had Family Home Evening every Monday night.  Priceless.  We have done so many fun family outings.  It has been so nice... can I refuse to do extra stuff forever... probably not. but for now I enjoy every day.
REAL soccer game
Tyler is in cub scouts now and got his Bobcat pretty fast
Cyclocross races
Jumping in leaves (and raking them up)

Family Home Evening ice-cream at the store
Ella loves to read books to our neighbor Ms. LaPriel.  Abby gets attention too. 
Art projects for Halloween. 


Play time at the pool.

Time to practice piano and prepare for talent nights with my family.

Family night, carving pumpkins. Ella wanted to be sure hers had hair and looked like a nice girl pumpkin.

And in general, slowing down.  those cute little chubby hands won't be around forever.  


2 comments:

Renee Beus said...

what a lovely, calm post! Great idea to slow down and enjoy kids!

Rachel said...

that little Abby is a cutie pie. yay for Tyler getting the bobcat award! and yay for both T&E playing the piano :)