Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

40 Weeks





I was on cloud nine this morning.  Driving in to my 40 week apt and feeling good.  I slowly walked up all three flights of stairs--- hoping to hear good news.  

The apt didn't go quite like I had hoped.  My belly is measuring 37.5 cm which is basically the same it has for almost a month.  My weight hasn't increased for a month.  These two things have worried me for a week.  So when I still hadn't grown today, my midwife scheduled an ultra sound to check the baby.  If there were no red flags she said I could go on to my 41 week appointment. which could possibly go up to 41 weeks 6 days before they induce me.  If there were any red flags I would be induced today, starting some pitocin for a few hours, then hopefully my body going into labor on its own.  (this option would be difficult for natural child birthing, possible, but harder)

Good news.  The baby is measuring fine.  She is 38.5 weeks growth wise.  She is estimated to be7 lbs 12 oz (but this can be plus or minus 1 pound) and I have pretty good levels of fluid in me, and my placenta looks healthy.  Her heartbeat is strong.  

It just so happens that my belly is small.  She is rather squished.  but just fine.  
I sure wonder how long she will stay in there.  It took 2 and a half years to get her in there and now she is just cozy and wants to stay put!

 (fun at the park... got to see my good friend Pamela)



3 comments:

Rachel said...

:) glad your appointment turned out good in the end. hang in there!

Corie said...

I think it's great that you're keeping a record of these final weeks/days of pregnancy on the blog. It'll be fun to look back on when it is all just a memory! I love the pictures of you with your beautiful belly. Pregnancy really does look good on you. :)

PamNoyes said...

You are the best Miss Amy!