Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Sweet Potato quesidillas

I don't ever want to forget this recipe.  My friend Christi Byrd made these all the time. They may not sound amazing but they are so tasty.


2-4 sweet potatoes (2 big ones or 4 small ones, there should be double the amount of sweet potatoes as to beans)
Shred the sweet potatoes (I grated them, but you can also cut them into skinny sticks)
Steam them in a little water (or oil) till soft
Add lots of cumin- like 1-2 tsp.
Also add some onion chopped small

then add 1 can of black beans

Put this yummy goodness into a tortilla shell with some cheese.  We warmed it up lying flat in our fry pan so the shell was crispy.  Then top it with some avocado mango salsa.

2 avocado, 1 mango, a bunch of tomatoes, a few green onions with a little lime juice drizzle on top.

AMAZING!  my kids loved it.

1 comment:

Joni said...

I made these for lunch. Yummy!