Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

The Kid Artist

When I was a kid, I loved to draw.
My Grandma is an artist.
My Dad is an artist.
And most of my siblings are artistically inclined.
But there comes the day when some says, what is that? What are you drawing?
Then you start doubting that you can draw.

I hope my children will continue to draw and be creative.
One thing I learned while studying teaching at Utah State is to say things like...
Tell me about what your drawing?
Tell me about this interesting detail?
(not what on earth is that!)
Ella was very intent on coloring each corner of her paper purple.

2 comments:

soybeanlover said...

Oh thank you! I always have such a hard time getting C1 to draw that I hate asking "what is that?". I'll have to try phrasing it like that.

Lindsay said...

I love the way you write Amy...you always make me laugh. Your kids are so cute. I love how creative little ones are and I hope it lasts for my kids too!