Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Green Eggs and Ham anyone...

I follow my cousin's cooking blog.

asianflourgirl.blogspot.com

I love the recipes and try most of them. One of my favorite things she does in her posts is say what she learned while cooking each thing. I always check this before I cook it because I tend to make lots of mistakes while cooking and want to avoid anything she points out.

Well I made her zucchini fritters- This is her photo from her blog- They look GOOD!
http://asianflourgirl.blogspot.com/2010/10/recipe-39-zucchini-fritters.html

So we made some. But I knew my kids would eat it better if they couldn't see the healthy zucchini in it. So (mistake #1) I pureed the zucchini. Then added the other ingredients like cheese, ham and eggs.

Then Darren helped me cook up the fritters (or the mess, the glop, the whatever you want to call it- it was pretty scary looking)

Here is my picture- It looked the same before we cooked it as it did after we cooked it. Still not wanting to give up- Tyler has been reading all the Dr. Seuss Books. So we pretended to have made the crazy dinner just for him.

He tried a bite or two. Darren and I ate some- and the rest went in the garbage.
What I learned: Dont puree Zucchini- It makes a big watery mess!

3 comments:

k8theriver said...

funny.

Lindsay said...

Funny, and looks a little gross. :) I've always wanted to do that for my kids, too bad eggs gross me out so bad right now. I'll have to check out that food blog!

Rachel said...

good tip :) sorry you learned the hard way.