Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, September 13, 2009

My First Triathlon

My friend, Neti and I have been training for almost 5 months for a Sprint Distance Triathlon. About three weeks we were feeling done with all this training and began to look forward to get this THING over with. This is us Saturday morning before the tri. oh, about 7 am- I will keep this brief.

The swim was 400 Meters- which I accomplished with very little panic. But getting out of the water and running to my bike I felt pretty exhausted.

The bike was 9 miles which I did in 32 minutes. Biking is my strength.

The run was 5K which I finished with out too much grief. I did get a killer side ache. I drank a whole cup of water and was gasping for air as it went down all wrong.

so 1 hr and 22 min later. I have done something and done it well. If anyone out there wants to train for another one with me, I am game. Just give me about a month off!

13 comments:

J. Doug said...

very fun! i'm glad you enjoyed it so much. you make me want to do one... perhaps liz and i will in 2010.

.::still blinking::. said...

Congratulations! That is awesome.

dantheriver said...

Good job Amy! Want to sign up for Ironman Florida 2010 with me?

Jessica said...

congratulations, we are glad you survived the swimming section.

Tina said...

You are insane! Holy cow, I would die. Good job!

Lindsay said...

That is amazing Amy...I am really impressed. I know I sound negative but I really don't think I could ever do that. :) What a cool accomplishment!

Clark Family said...

Yea come do your swimming leg in our warm waveless gulf of mexico. I might think about doing it with you next time!

Kate said...

You are awesome!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! You are my hero. I really think it is great that you could do that!

Ang said...

Nice job Amy! I didn't even know until like a week ago that you were going to do one. Congrats!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Amy, we are so proud of you!!!! good work.

Richie and Sandy said...

Way to go Amy! I've always wanted to do a triatholon...but the swimming part scares me. Since we live so close to each other maybe we should train together. Congrats again!

Katie said...

you are my hero.