Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, June 15, 2008

quick update

we need to post some pictures I know... but we are trying to do so many projects right now, I will just write a quick update.

Here is a list of updates:
1. I have bangs and layers in my hair- Hair that has been straight and long for almost 10 years

2. Ella is smiling and cooing alot- sleeping 11 hours at night, and eating like a champ

3. Tyler is at Grandma and Grandpa Balls house in Logan for a week. Darren and I will be leaving for NY on Monday to have a vacation/work conference

4. Darren had Lasik surgery on Thursday and is slowly recovering. He had a more serious kind of procedure due to his cornea being a different shape

5. We have a 25 X 21 foot beautiful colored cement deck- Darren has worked really hard to get the sprinklers all adjusted before the cement was poured.

6. We were supposed to have a fence by now, but all i have to say between the cement contractors and the fence company, I am finished for a while with contractors

7. We get to talk in church today in sacrament meeting

8. Darren has to give a talk/speech at the conference in NY

9. At the conference in NY we are doing a service project - those who know Christi Byrd from VA - we are coordinating it with her, Darrens work and the employees are donating money and we go out and serve/give to the community in NY. So... Darren and I have been come the leaders of our group since we came up with the great service idea. So on Thursday... if everything goes through smoothly...(coordinating between there different groups in NY is very difficult) but if all goes well, we will be helping a very poor school in the Bronx build an educational garden. Very cool. I will post pictures later.

10. It is fathers day, so I will go cook breakfast for my husband!

4 comments:

k8theriver said...

i hate it when people brag about how long their baby sleeps. seriously, 11 hours? if fred goes 5 i start gushing milk. good job on the sleep training---
oh! and i have a place to stay tomorrow but how 'bout next wednesday night? i'll email you.

.::still blinking::. said...

I am so jealous you are going to New York.

rowena said...

11 hours are you kidding me. Sid went 3 hours last night and i was in heaven.. heheh. usually every two hours sometimes every hour if he is lonely.. he is a cuddly guy.hahaha. amazing ella and amy. i had to post this to make you feel better katie. Sid will probably NEVER sleep 11 hours. i just can't sleep train. can't wait to see pics amy. miss you guys. wish you were not so busy in NY so you could come see us.. is ella going. what date is it exactly?

*tif* said...

I loved NY! Have a blast and I'm so proud to have such a serving friend!