Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Boulder Colorado with Nellie

Aunt Nellie and Jordan wanted to go check out a music college in Colorado so we drove out to see them.  The reasoning was that an 8 hour drive is closer then a flight to Minnesota.  We got to see Aunt Nellie pregnant which is fun!  We went to Estes Park which I saw when I was a teenager. 





We walked around Bear Lake later in the afternoon. It was quiet and peaceful.  We enjoyed climbing off the trail onto some rocks.  
I loved this drawing I saw on a wall in a visitor center.  We drove the "Old Fall River Road" which was spectacular and lots of switch backs. The view was lovely.  We did a short hike to a high point.














Another day we went to the Flat Irons.  I had hiked it years ago when we were first married and drove to Boulder to visit Ang.  Grandpa treated us all to ice cream.  



We stayed in an old home which is now an Air B and B.  We loved the piano, the kitchen and the amazing rain storm we got to be in.  I especially loved driving at 2:00 AM.  The driving goes a lot quicker when kids are sleeping. 






No comments: