Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Sunday, April 16, 2017

April 2017- Easter and activities

Darren seems some pretty cool places when he rides.  I would love the alone time up there where it is quiet and peaceful.  


Renee had a baby and the girls just loved baby Clara.  Abby thinks she is so big but really she just needs to take a good nap sometimes. April was our big project month.  We hauled away tons of dirt to our neighbor Grandma Susans house.  We had lovely raised flower beds but the erosion it caused was terrible.  So we dug out all the dirt and made it flat so we could put in a patio in our walk out basement.  4 weekends of heavy dirt, sometimes wet dirt, wheelbarrowing it- left some damage to my shoulder and elbow.  I was climbing a lot at the time too and between both things (here it is June and I am still out for the count!)





We did have a wonderful Easter egg hunt at Grandma Susans house.  We invited G.ma and Gpa down to see it and Corie and Nolan brought their boys.  I enjoy the family time.


Sunday we had our own quiet day to celebrate Easter.  Then Monday we had some cousins over for lunch.  Julie Rupp told us she was having twin boys!  So exciting for her.  Abby tried out soccer.  It lasted all of about 2 minutes standing crying on the field.  She really was just terrified so we pulled her out.  She assured me when she was older it would be ok.  We also worked on some more joy school with the neighborhood kids.  Abby learned so much this year, thanks to Christina Hamptons leadership and teaching.




We made it to the zoo once with friend Finn and cousin Orian and Megan.  We loved celebrating Shawns bday at the climbing gym.  I think its amazing how good people come into your lives.  We met her husband Andy climbing a Mnt and have latched on to them every since!




Ella is Turing into quite a cutie pie.  She wears earrings and dresses cuter then me any day!  She has turned to books and enjoys reading more and more.  We love our basement reading nook with the sunshine pouring in!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

I had no idea that you did such a massive backyard project. I would love to see more pictures of the "after" I feel bad that I didn't know about you spending such a lot of time working on that. wow!!