Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Saturday, October 22, 2016

Fall Break 2016 @ the Cabin

Schools out for fall break.  We had a crew of friends up at the cabin.  Melchoirs, Haroldsen, Allens, Nolans boys, and my kids.  We hiked the Mnt across from the cabin.  It was steep.  The 3 littles didn’t make it but the rest did.  It was awesome.






Shannon was amazing and stuck with Abby as I left her and got the kids up the mnt.  They lined up from oldest to youngest, holding up their fingers to show how old they were at the top.  I kept reminding them of the chocolate cake I had back down at the cabin!  We all made it down mostly alive!






Sliding down the stairs in sleeping bags.  Jonnn and I tried it.  ouch.  I was too tense and hurt my back.  I use to be so young… now I am old and falling apart.  We had good food and good company.  Some quiet time.  Pat and Seth came up for a day.




We all climbed into Marcus’s truck and went 4 wheeling back into the woods and found a beautiful river and trees to climb on.  Some of the kids wanted to run home… YES!  I like kids worn out!










We played outside some and played plenty of games inside.  Did a service project to pay for our stay and told the kids the story of the miracle of Shannon getting off the mountain from the swing.  It is such a miracle of a story.  The cabin will always be such a special place to me.  A place of peace. 







No comments: