Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Skiing

Its been a great year to ski.  Maybe not the  best snow or snow cover all the time. but its been a great year of skiing with friends and my kids.  Darren has been a few times in the early morning hours.  Hiking with lights before the sun comes up and then skiing down.  He got some great shots.  




I dont mind the hiking but I do love a good steep groomer too! Ang (and Steve and daughter Olivia) took me to Solitude one day.  I heart Solitude.  But one run in particular has my name all over it.  Its a black diamond that is super steep.  They have a running competition to see who can get down it fastest.  I was the leader for a little while but by the end of the day I was down to 3rd place by one second.  1 minute and 46 seconds.  If I ever crashed it would hurt a lot!  Fun day.  

The kids and I have been going up quite a bit.  Ella and Stella LaRiviere took one day to ourselves.  I took them on their first ever run labeled a double black diamond.  They were amazing.  I was so proud.  It is nice to have all that hard work finally pay off.  

1 comment:

Rachel said...

such a beautiful post. thank you for reminding me that the effort will pay off. maybe not skiing for us yet, but swimming and cleaning and cooking, etc. thanks for sharing!