Winter 2020

Winter 2020

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

It's about time... I know

I have thought of all the things I should post about, but never taken the time to do it. Life just never slows down - does it?

My four pictures tell a story about the last couple of weeks. Tyler has been earning money so he could buy a garbage truck. His two friends Stephen and Wesley have one so he wanted one too. Thanks to our great friend Tammy, she got it for us half off- $8.50 is a lot of money for a three year old. (thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Balls he earned two dollars really easy) We got the truck from Tammy and he still had to earn 7 dimes. He didn't leave my side on Monday until he had earned all of them. WOW! He loves his garbage truck!
This is my typical husband. (not the socks but I thought it was funny) Sadly, I never thought I would have married a computer nerd but those iPhones are too much. He cant leave it alone- EVER! - notice the iphone in one hand and the laptop in the other-
I just had eye surgery- It is a procedure like Lasik but not Lasik. It is called PRK- It means my vision wont really be clear for two weeks- I can drive ... now... but things are just a bit blurry still. I have awesome sunglasses to wear to keep all wind and dirt out of my eyes- Ella loves them. She stole Aunt Renee's for this picture.
Two things to this picture- we were a one car family for a week and a half. Someone hit our truck and took forever to fix. Also, we have had my sister Jenny from Spokane here for a week. Party time with Isaac her son. Tyler and him spent tons and TONS of hours together. In this picture Tyler is waiting for Isaac to show up. So he scooted the piano bench over so he could see him when he drove up.
Darren has a conference in Odgen for all managers and spouses in his company. I am looking forward to being pampered, fed, catered too, sleeping in, exercising, and reading. Thanks Pat and Seth for taking the kids- If we haven't shown up by Sunday- you better just keep them!

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I like your stories. :) Especially the one about Tyler earning the money for his truck, that is so great. You and Ella are total babes in your sunglasses!!!

Clark Family said...

fun post and great update Amy! Thanks! I still wouldn't mind seeing more pictures of Ella (without the cute sunglasses.) i don't get to see my cute neices growing up.

soybeanlover said...

iPhones should be renamed 'widow makers'. It's the bane of my existence too. Congrats on the peepers! Can't wait to hear how it turned out.

Rachel said...

good stories, and good photos. love your cute little girl and the stories about sweet Tyler. i didn't hear about your truck getting damaged, sorry!

idon'tremembereatingcorn said...

thanks for the update. tyler is the cutest, sweetest little thing. you are a good mum. hope your eyes are fixed soon. can i borrow the sunglasses when you are done. XXOO rowe

Mary said...

so tell me more about this PRK thing. I need to do something about my glasses. I'm tired of having to replace screws becuase kids are not very careful when it comes to helping mommy "put on her eyes" in the morning.